Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

TUTORIAL: Dialogue Editing

Made by modders for modders. Step-by-step instructions on how to achieve specific modding goals with ME3Explorer. We *strongly* encourage you to post new tutorials on the wiki.

Re: TUTORIAL: Dialogue Editing

Postby giftfish » 31 Aug 2014, 17:59

And, we have an updated tutorial. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

JohnP/Deager/Fob, please let me know if I've fucked anything up or am missing something :D

Lurkers, if you know something about this stuff that I don't seem to...post and share :)
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 02 Sep 2014, 23:29

Couple small updates to Part 2 just expanding on advantages/disadvantages of TLK vs Repointing.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 07 Sep 2014, 15:35

Could I get some TLK info from folks with Leviathan and Omega?

I'm trying to put together a chart that summarizes the basic TLK data for the main game and all DLC. It will be a handy reference for folks when needing to choose new TLK strings. So far I have data from Main game, EC, CE, From Ashes, and Citadel.

That means I'm missing Omega and Leviathan. I'm also missing Citadel Shared TLKs if there are any. I don't think the "Patch" DLCs will be necessary to keep track of--I'm leaving a bit of wiggle room due to rounding, and my guess is most of that TLK data is replacing already existing data. I'm also not including MP, as to my knowledge, those files aren't used in SP.

I need the following information:

-The first string in the TLK
-The last string in the TLK
-Total number of TLK entries (positions)
-The "general range" of strings used. This is very important. Round the lowest number in the range down to the nearest hundred, and round the highest number in the range up to the nearest hundred. Note that every TLK ends with the same string (134217731), to locate the last string that's actually used in the game, scroll up a bit and look for a different number. It will probably be 6 digits and start with a 6, 7, or 8, but I can't be sure. Something should jump out, especially when using the example below.

Using the main EC as an example:

TLK entries = 1267
Begins with = 722552
Ends with = 134217731
General Range = 722500-765500

Also, if the shared TLKs only have 4 entries or so, they are "barebones" TLKs. I don't need numbers for those, but I do need to know if that's the type of TLK they have.

Thanks to anyone who replies:)

P.S. Interesting tidbit. The TLK file is numbered relatively continuously across all 3 games. I have all ME2 DLC (short of Genesis) and together, all TLKs fit in the 200K-380K range. ME3 TLKs range from 500K680K-820K (not including Leviathan/Omega/MP?). My guess is that the ME1 TLK would range from 0-200K, if it was extractable.

Assuming Leviathan/Omega/MP? cover strings above 820K (or some empty areas below it), what I'm wondering is...where are TLK strings 400-500680K? That's like...almost half a game's worth of strings.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 08 Sep 2014, 16:48

giftfish wrote:P.S. Interesting tidbit. The TLK file is numbered relatively continuously across all 3 games. I have all ME2 DLC (short of Genesis) and together, all TLKs fit in the 200K-380K range. ME3 TLKs range from 680K-820K (not including Leviathan/Omega/MP?). My guess is that the ME1 TLK would range from 0-200K, if it was extractable.

Assuming Leviathan/Omega/MP? cover strings above 820K (or some empty areas below it), what I'm wondering is...where are TLK strings 400-680K? That's like...an entire game's worth of strings.

I was a little bit on crack, here. Oops.

What I said about the ME1 and ME2 TLKs is unchanged. One detail I forgot to point out is that the ME3 TLK contains a bunch of (but not all) ME1 and ME2 TLK contents. So, everything before and including string 391735 is ME2 or ME1 content. What I misstated was that the ME3 content range begins with string 500029 and ends with 727960 (not including those final few strings identical in all TLKs).

However, it's still a mystery as to what BW did with strings in the 400-500K range. As far as I can tell, they don't exist.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 08 Sep 2014, 23:26

Still need TLK data for DLC as per this post: post12244.html#p12244. Of all ME3 DLC all I have is EC, FA, and CE, Citadel Base/Main TLKs.

Or, I know it would be a pain, but if someone could extract and zip all their TLKs into a download, that works, too (including the "Shared" and MP TLKs) :]
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 09 Sep 2014, 15:17

giftfish wrote:Still need TLK data for DLC as per this post: post12244.html#p12244. Of all ME3 DLC all I have is EC, FA, and CE, Citadel Base/Main TLKs.

Or, I know it would be a pain, but if someone could extract and zip all their TLKs into a download, that works, too (including the "Shared" and MP TLKs) :]

Thanks to Deager I now have the Leviathan and Omega main TLKs :]

So, still missing data for the 3 weapon/appearance packs, the MP expansions, and any "Shared" TLKs (except for EC, CE, FA, since I have those DLC).

Right now it's looking like numbering stops before 900K, but I can't say for certain, yet.
giftfish

Postby AVPen » 09 Sep 2014, 15:23

giftfish wrote:
giftfish wrote:Still need TLK data for DLC as per this post: post12244.html#p12244. Of all ME3 DLC all I have is EC, FA, and CE, Citadel Base/Main TLKs.

Thanks to Deager I now have the Leviathan and Omega main TLKs :]

So, still missing data for the 3 weapon/appearance packs, the MP expansions, and any "Shared" TLKs (except for EC, CE, FA, since I have those DLC).

Right now it's looking like numbering stops before 900K, but I can't say for certain, yet.

I can get you the the rest of the TLKs you need a little later today - have to go to the city and pick up my preorder for my Limited Edition "Destiny" on PS4, lol. :D
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby giftfish » 09 Sep 2014, 16:19

TankMaster wrote:Skimmed over most, lol, but if you need any of the TLK's, I can upload them. However, if I upload my XML conversion, you'll have to use my edited TLK Editor to rebuild the TLK's, lol. Though, the nice thing with it is that it no longer uses the "Position" value.

AVPen wrote:I can get you the the rest of the TLKs you need a little later today - have to go to the city and pick up my preorder for my Limited Edition "Destiny" on PS4, lol. :D

Well, if either of you already have them extracted, whichever is easier :)

No gigantic rush, but much appreciated!
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 28 Oct 2014, 16:18

Sorry about the delay in getting back to this. I'ver been really busy the past month with trips out of town and other special occasions. Expect an update or two over the next couple of weeks :)
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 06 Nov 2014, 18:54

First Appendix added on the TLK file: post11905.html#p11905

The main update (Part 3) will be coming in the next week or so.
giftfish

PreviousNext

Return to Modders' Tutorials