Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Tutorial: Importing Skeletal Meshes over UDK

Dedicated area for texture and mesh-related tutorials. This includes modder's tutorials such as how to create your own TFC files. Do NOT post help requests in tutorials; use the relevant help board below.

Tutorial: Importing Skeletal Meshes over UDK

Postby WarrantyVoider » 02 Jul 2013, 19:10

here I made a small tut on how I replaced femsheps casual outfit with liaras :D

enjoy

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Re: Tutorial: Importing Skeletal Meshes over UDK

Postby Chilean Wolf » 08 Jul 2013, 06:13

One problem, the transfer/import from UDK button appears to be missing. I downloaded ME3Explorer from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/me3explorer/ , but it's outdated, it seems.
Chilean Wolf
User

Have thanks: 9 time

Postby blackstorm90 » 08 Jul 2013, 08:32

Chilean Wolf wrote:One problem, the transfer/import from UDK button appears to be missing. I downloaded ME3Explorer from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/me3explorer/ , but it's outdated, it seems.

You need get the last SVN look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=252&hilit=svn
blackstorm90
User

Have thanks: 10 time

Postby Chilean Wolf » 08 Jul 2013, 19:50

blackstorm90 wrote:
Chilean Wolf wrote:One problem, the transfer/import from UDK button appears to be missing. I downloaded ME3Explorer from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/me3explorer/ , but it's outdated, it seems.

You need get the last SVN look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=252&hilit=svn

It'd be a lot easier for everyone if they didn't have to download 4GB worth of software to compile the code themselves, but I already did that anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter now.
Chilean Wolf
User

Postby blackstorm90 » 08 Jul 2013, 20:14

Chilean Wolf wrote:
blackstorm90 wrote:

It'd be a lot easier for everyone if they didn't have to download 4GB worth of software to compile the code themselves, but I already did that anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter now.

LOL dude you should be more thankfull, WarrantyVoider gave already 99% of the solution with the M3Explorer, a few days ago we cannot even change the models easly, actually is pretty damn easy now ¬_¬. the work on M3Explorer is already huge and im not a programmer but im sure must be pretty damn hard make all that tools for us.

blackstorm90 has been thanked by:
blackstorm90
User

Have thanks: 10 time

Postby Chilean Wolf » 08 Jul 2013, 23:51

blackstorm90 wrote:LOL dude you should be more thankfull, WarrantyVoider gave already 99% of the solution with the M3Explorer, a few days ago we cannot even change the models easly, actually is pretty damn easy now ¬_¬. the work on M3Explorer is already huge and im not a programmer but im sure must be pretty damn hard make all that tools for us.

I'm really thankful, I think we all are, it looks like you went out of your way to (wrongly) discern my motives for no particular reason. I know the work and effort that went into making the tools is fucking HUGE, and that we owe WV a great deal. I'm just pointing out that the compiled version on sourceforge is not up to date, and that it'd be easier on the people who don't have 4GB to spare to instal Visual if it was. And like I said, it doesn't matter to me now 'cause I already did that.
Chilean Wolf
User

Postby Fog.Gene » 09 Jul 2013, 04:03

Hi Chilean Wolf,

The SVN contains a compiled version that you can use without the need to download Visual Studio. It is located in ...\ME3Explorer\bin\Debug\ME3Explorer.exe. It has always been like this.

We know you're really thankful, and things come out wrong sometimes without meaning it. Enjoy using ME3Explorer and remember to thank WV! (little thumbs up button in the OP) :)
Regere: Let the world know of its sovereign. I shall be the rule by which all things are measured.
Polyhistor: Then I am to be the slave, for all things shall be my master.

Fog.Gene has been thanked by:
Fog.Gene
Emeritus

Have thanks: 65 time

Postby Chilean Wolf » 09 Jul 2013, 05:59

Fog.Gene wrote:Hi Chilean Wolf,

The SVN contains a compiled version that you can use without the need to download Visual Studio. It is located in ...\ME3Explorer\bin\Debug\ME3Explorer.exe. It has always been like this.

We know you're really thankful, and things come out wrong sometimes without meaning it. Enjoy using ME3Explorer and remember to thank WV! (little thumbs up button in the OP) :)

Damn, I feel incredibly stupid now. I assumed it wasn't compiled from all the Visual talk in the SVN thread, but I just didn't read properly. Apologies, everyone!
Chilean Wolf
User

Return to TexMesh Tutorials