Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Tutorial: Using the new texplorer mod functions

Deprecated or out of scope tutorials.

Re: Tutorial: Using the new texplorer mod functions

Postby element72 » 11 Aug 2013, 14:48

I downloaded most of these .mod files.
element72
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Ottemis » 11 Aug 2013, 14:52

Well I don't know, sounds flakey. I'd suggest making smaller packages, and your debug windows should cycle through the PCC's.
Try and load a different batch first I'd say.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby Antarius » 11 Aug 2013, 15:25

I know this is not a solution because you probably created the .mod file correctly but only for testing you could try one of the .mod files I compiled and check if you have the same issue.

Test it with a small one, e.g., "Kaidan_From_Ashes_(Ottemis)_478.mod", from my shared folders -> http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=610
Antarius
User

Have thanks: 65 time

Postby element72 » 11 Aug 2013, 15:37

Wait does it need the original pcc files? I replaced the pcc files using the quasarts mod. It's combination of various mods that is about 17GB. Is that why I can't apply the .mod files?

Edit: I tried using an original pcc file that the mod would install to, and still I get the same issue.
Last edited by element72 on 11 Aug 2013, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
element72
User

Postby Antarius » 11 Aug 2013, 15:47

Oh! You mean this project? -> http://www.quasarts.tk/
If so, if I recall well from his DLC files, you don't use ME3Explorer but simply replace the files directly. For non DLC, you only have to use TOCBinUpdater tool from ME3Explorer to update the PCConsoleTOC.bin file

But to tell you the truth, and although it is a great work what he did, I, personally prefer to apply single .mod files and not such a complete replacement because you never know what it was done, and by applying single .mods you can always control if something goes wrong during the pcc replacements using ME3Ex-ModMaker, but this is, of course, a personal decision. :D

Antarius has been thanked by:
Antarius
User

Postby element72 » 11 Aug 2013, 15:49

Antarius wrote:Oh! You mean this project? -> http://www.quasarts.tk/
If so, if I recall well from his DLC files, you don't use ME3Explorer but simply replace the files directly. For non DLC, you only have to use TOCBinUpdater tool from ME3Explorer to update the PCConsoleTOC.bin file

But to tell you the truth, and although it is a great work what he did, I, personally prefer to apply single .mod files and not such a complete replacement because you never know what it was done, and by applying single .mods you can always control if something goes wrong during the pcc replacements using ME3Ex-ModMaker, but this is, of course, a personal decision. :D

That's why I'm trying to apply .MOD files on top of his.

Edit: I got one .mod file to work. Thanks. I did the TOCBinUpdater thing. I didn't find anything to update, but I guess it fixed something.
Last edited by element72 on 11 Aug 2013, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
element72
User

Postby Antarius » 11 Aug 2013, 15:52

element72 wrote:Wait does it need the original pcc files? I replaced the pcc files using the quasarts mod. It's combination of various mods that is about 17GB. Is that why I can't apply the .mod files?

Edit: I tried using an original pcc file that the mod would install to, and still I get the same issue.

How are you applying the .mod files?

1. Run ME3Explorer
2. go to Tools -> Mod Maker
3. Load the .mod file under File -> Load Jobs
4. Activate the Debug Window to control the process by clicking on Options -> Open Debug Window
5. Apply the loaded .mod by clicking on Run -> Run all
5a. Control the process on the Debug Window

Some mods take a while depending on several factors , also hardware

EDIT: Before doing this be sure you ran Texplorer (Developer Tools -> Texplorer) 1 time so the DLCCache is created (this takes a while! Up to 1 hour sometimes, but it is only done once). You will see a new folder under "BIOGame" called "TexplorerDLCCache"
Antarius
User

Postby element72 » 11 Aug 2013, 16:26

44/89 mods completed. It's still going. I was wondering exactly what it's doing before it saves the pcc files. Right after it saves the pcc files is it still the same modded pcc file with the new mods on top of it?

EDIT: is it like extracting the pcc file and adding the new modded texture and then repackaging them into pcc?
element72
User

Postby WarrantyVoider » 11 Aug 2013, 16:32

the pcc only contains a link, or better an offset for an .tfc file. the tfc gets the texture added and the pcc the pointers updated, thats "all"

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby KFreon » 12 Aug 2013, 01:02

@ Antarius
Thanks for the bug report, but it should probably go into the bug forum so it's easier to find later :)
Either way, that tpf is amusingly wrong.
Observe:
Texmod.def contents:

0xB5084D53|MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0xB5084D53.dds
0x4374546A|MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x4374546A.dds
0x4374546A|MASSEFFECT3.EXE_0x3ECF3654.dds

The last 2 have the same address but are clearly not the same image. So texplorer is told that the normal and spec maps are the same thing.
This is a mistake from whoever made the .tpf. You could fix it by rebuilding the tpf with the correct offsets.

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials - Deprecated