Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ultimate ME3 Project

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Ultimate ME3 Project

Postby sansuni » 05 Nov 2015, 20:48

FemShep wrote:Is it just me or are like 50% of the images dead?

Edit: please use a real image host like imgur. Ones that make you go to the page do not work in a hotlink.

Uploaded it into imgur, hopefully it is working now.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby FemShep » 05 Nov 2015, 21:02

Do you have the original for reference?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby sansuni » 05 Nov 2015, 21:08

FemShep wrote:Do you have the original for reference?

Yes, of course, I always make a backup before I edit a file. But I can't quite make any sense out of it.. I suck at HEX editing. I basically copied from one entry to the other and I tweaked it a bit, but I am not entirely sure what I did that worked. Or maybe it now works because this pcc has two other meshes in it and maybe it now uses one of the other two as base? I don't know.

This pcc wont be of much use to me other than research purposes, but if it works in game, it could help to replace the starbrat in the dream sequences. (replace him with whomever) Which is nice I guess, but not what I hoped to do.
sansuni
Modder

Postby FemShep » 05 Nov 2015, 22:16

I meant a picture. Idk what you actually did.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby sansuni » 05 Nov 2015, 23:21

FemShep wrote:I meant a picture. Idk what you actually did.

I checked it on two different browsers and two different computers (in case I am seeing the whole thing only because I have it on my computer) I also uploaded it to two different image upload sites, if you still can't see it, there must be a problem on your end. Try cleaning your browser history or try to view it from a different browser.

By the way, I believe I did it... I actually changed the dimensions of the mesh by hand using HEX. Took me quite a while to figure it out but I am almost certain it will work. I no longer need to confirm if the previous file works or not. (Only reason I couldn't try it was because it was the dream sequence file and I don't have a save around that time, but since the file I have edited is from the ending, I should be able to check if it works no problem.) I will try the new edit tomorrow though, it is pretty late here and I really need some sleep. Will post my findings tomorrow.

FemShep, I uploaded this one to a another site, I hope it works for you. Still, try to clear your browser cache/history though. That might be the problem.

In this pic, you can see the numbers changed. (I based these changes based on Liara mesh, origin xyz also changed, but I took this screenshot before I did that.) Mesh itself doesn't look much different (maybe a bit stretched?) but the original mesh was made like this and if you imported a mesh with regular size it would shrink it down according to that size, I think if I ran the game with this, I would get a stretched starbrat, but if I imported the Avina mesh, I would now get a regular sized Asari. I hope... I will find out if it works or not tomorrow.
sansuni
Modder

Postby FemShep » 06 Nov 2015, 01:26

Your pic works on that site as you had visited it. Hotlinking (without a cookie) does not work on sites like that (imgur does)

However I am talking about a reference pic of what you changed and what you changed it into. What am I even looking at and why is it different?

That also seems logical. If you want to test at runtime with stuff, use the setsize console command. It will change sheps scaling. When it stretches a wrong size mesh... 3D object thing to different size skeleton you end up with volus people or praying mantis people. E.g. change size and then commit suicide (suicide command), you will see what I mean.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby WarrantyVoider » 06 Nov 2015, 05:05

you only edited the boundaries, thats why its under boundary. you would need something like that in properties, or better in the objects referencing this mesh (StuntActor, StaticMeshCollections, SkeletalMeshActor or so)

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

WarrantyVoider has been thanked by:
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby sansuni » 06 Nov 2015, 06:04

FemShep wrote:Your pic works on that site as you had visited it. Hotlinking (without a cookie) does not work on sites like that (imgur does)

However I am talking about a reference pic of what you changed and what you changed it into. What am I even looking at and why is it different?

That also seems logical. If you want to test at runtime with stuff, use the setsize console command. It will change sheps scaling. When it stretches a wrong size mesh... 3D object thing to different size skeleton you end up with volus people or praying mantis people. E.g. change size and then commit suicide (suicide command), you will see what I mean.

But the reference pic was on the above post. Here, I reuploaded it into imgur. I hope it is visible now.

WarrantyVoider wrote:you only edited the boundaries, thats why its under boundary. you would need something like that in properties, or better in the objects referencing this mesh (StuntActor, StaticMeshCollections, SkeletalMeshActor or so)

greetz WV

But doesn't boundaries effectively limit how big or small a meshes dimensions could be? (I edited SkeletalMeshActor to change these by the way) Even if it doesn't work the way I intended, isn't this a starting point as normally a meshes boundaries and it is real size would be the same?
sansuni
Modder

Postby KingFeraligatr » 06 Nov 2015, 07:03

Sounds like a good project to undertake. Hope you succeed even if I'm not agreeing with all your goals. Can't be hard to improve ME3 storywise.
I call myself the Typo Master. So if you see a typo in my posts, I'm sorry.
Link to the forums of my Mass Effect Rewrite: http://kfmerewriteforums.proboards.com/

KingFeraligatr has been thanked by:
KingFeraligatr
User

Have thanks: 14 time

Postby sansuni » 06 Nov 2015, 18:12

KingFeraligatr wrote:Sounds like a good project to undertake. Hope you succeed even if I'm not agreeing with all your goals. Can't be hard to improve ME3 storywise.

Thank you. I hope that I will succeed as well. :D Not going that great right now.

So... changing the size information didn't work as @WarrantyVoider said it wouldn't. (I thought it was set as a limitation of sorts, like "can't be taller than this" or "can't be wider than this", but I was probably wrong.)

But my previous try had (kind of) worked and I hoped they were related somehow. It turns out what worked for the previous edit that I somehow swapped the bones (it went from 114 to 110) using hex. (and I don't know how to replicate that for the other pcc.) Meshplorer wont allow me to import bones (since they don't have exactly same number of bones)
(pics from @Deager, thanks mate)

As you can see in this picture, it works if you somehow replace the bones using HEX, but I can't figure out how to do that, and since the editor wont let me replace the bones, I am not sure how to proceed. I tried several other methods but to no avail. (including replacing and rescaling the bones themselves using Milkshape, but it always crashes when the mesh supposed to appear in the game) I could really use some insight on this.

By the way, scaling mesh wont work since the bones are child sized as well. Since it scales both the mesh and the bones, it will look like a weird creature. :D I need to replace the bones or the model and animation altogether. (though thats probably not even possible)
sansuni
Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development