Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ultimate ME3 Project

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Ultimate ME3 Project

Postby The Fob » 06 Nov 2015, 18:47

Did you check the related matinee data for a scaling track? Maybe they do it there somehow. It would also make sense that they would scale the bones if it's animation related.

Looks like you are making progress though, so this is very promising. If we can get a full sized model into the dreams, that would be great. We could put the Virmire Victim there instead of the kid, which would be really cool IMO.

The Fob has been thanked by:
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby sansuni » 06 Nov 2015, 19:16

The Fob wrote:Did you check the related matinee data for a scaling track? Maybe they do it there somehow. It would also make sense that they would scale the bones if it's animation related.

As far as I can tell, there is no scaling involved. I thought that there was until I imported it to Milkshape. (I could have sworn that there was a regular sized version of the bones somewhere. Maybe that was before all the patches or maybe I am remembering it wrong.) Mesh, bones and the animations are all child sized. (well, not entirely certain about the animations) They were made that way. If only I could swap the bones like I did with the other file. If I could do that, perhaps it would work for the other file as well. (and perhaps animations can be swapped using hex as well, is there an animation pool somewhere?)

The Fob wrote:Looks like you are making progress though, so this is very promising. If we can get a full sized model into the dreams, that would be great. We could put the Virmire Victim there instead of the kid, which would be really cool IMO.

That would have been really cool. Well, while I can't do that, you could probably do that now with the file I attached. Animation seems to be a bit messy (since it is still uses the child sized animation, so you would need to reference the regular animation equivalent of that.) But it works at least. Also since it has exactly 110 bones, you could potentially import any mesh you want in there. Under normal circumstances importing a mesh that doesn't look very weird or one that doesn't crash the game is very difficult, but with that file, you could import any model and it wont crash.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby sansuni » 26 Nov 2015, 01:05

OK... I was busy lately and couldn't keep working on this. (my secondary hdd crashing and losing most of the progress I have already made didn't help the matters) But I have some little progress report:

I was able to add a terminal to the space level. It kind of works with textures and everything... Kind of.. For now, textures seem a little odd and well, there is no animation for it. But if I find a way to replace the synthesis jumping animation with the regular terminal fiddling animation, I am golden for this part.

I still didn't find a way to disable the injured animation, or a way to replace starbrat with Avina... But I am working on it... kind of..
sansuni
Modder

Postby The Fob » 26 Nov 2015, 06:26

sansuni wrote:I still didn't find a way to disable the injured animation

Do you mean Shepard's general injured walking animation after he gets hit by Harbinger? If so, check out the main sequence of BioD_End002.pcc, specifically the item #1542: SFXSeqAct_ToggleInjuredShepardMode. I never tried it myself but I bet, if you just bypass that object, you'll get rid of the injured animations.

The Fob has been thanked by:
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby sansuni » 26 Nov 2015, 14:27

The Fob wrote:
sansuni wrote:I still didn't find a way to disable the injured animation

Do you mean Shepard's general injured walking animation after he gets hit by Harbinger? If so, check out the main sequence of BioD_End002.pcc, specifically the item #1542: SFXSeqAct_ToggleInjuredShepardMode. I never tried it myself but I bet, if you just bypass that object, you'll get rid of the injured animations.

Thank you. I just tried it and it didn't turn off the injured animation, but it did activated the hud and some other stuff...

Would you look at that :D

I directly bypassed "injured mode" but as it turns out, it just menages the combat thing and not animations. I can run (though very slowly), throw grenades and everything.. :D

I will fiddle around a little bit more and see what else I can bypass there. I really don't understand how it decides which animation to use.

EDIT: After a bit of trying, I was able to disable the bloody face thing and a few other things, after disabling all that, I was able to access all of the combat features, but still couldn't disable the animation. Instead Shepard's injured animation will play 10x faster. (It is an incredibly funny thing to see. Especially when you run.) I was unable to disable the ruined armor thing either, but I am guessing I might have disabled the thing causes it but since it is already in the players inventory on the save I am trying, I just can't see the results properly. I don't have a save during the beam run, can someone provide me a save before the harby hits Shepard?

EDIT2: YEAAAHHH! I did it! :D At the moment, I am not sure what I did that works exactly, but it works! Shepard wont play injured animation anymore! :D I messed with several files and I am unsure which one had the desired effect. Also, Shepard will still act injured during the cutscene. Oh well. I am one step closer to achieving what I want.
sansuni
Modder

Postby FemShep » 26 Nov 2015, 22:58

I think the game speed in the end sections is slowed down instead of just slow animations.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby sansuni » 27 Nov 2015, 01:29

FemShep wrote:I think the game speed in the end sections is slowed down instead of just slow animations.

I don't think thats it. After fiddling around a little more, I was able to activate the regular animations. I didn't mess with any file that would effect speed of the game. It works normally now (normal walking and running animation at normal speed). And I now know editing only a single file is enough to fix this problem after reaching the citadel. (I think beam run sequence uses a different file for it) Sadly thats the only thing I was able to get it working properly.

I tried replacing starbrat with Avina again and as always, it didn't work. It just forces full sized mesh and bones to be child sized. Sometimes mesh appears correctly for a second (mostly during movement), but after that, it still looks like a squashed bug.

Now, I am sure both the mesh and the bones are correctly sized, yet unlike the dream sequence file it will appear child sized no matter what. I am not certain if it is caused by the animation or something else (if it is caused by the animation, why doesn't it effect the dream sequence file as badly though.) but I am no longer sure if I can make it work at all.
sansuni
Modder

Postby Praedor » 27 Nov 2015, 04:24

I'd love to see the kid disappear. The nightmare sequences, if they cannot be dispensed with entirely I would like to see different dead characters each time the dream happens. Lose the kid.

As for Allers, I am THIS close to replacing her. I have a Allers-to-Keitner mod (Keitner from Deus Ex: Human Revolution) 99% done. I just tested it in the game and the body/head works fine but I cannot yet get the hair to work because I don't know what hair texture Allers is using (anyone know?). Right now I've got Keitner's hair UV mapped to Ashley's hair texture and hoped that it would be close enough to work with other hair textures too. No luck.

ALL ME3 hair textures show as green in Blender, but here's Allers changed to Keitner (Keitner's head on a modified Allers chasis: slimmer, trimmer, less butt, narrower waist)
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby sansuni » 27 Nov 2015, 04:47

Praedor wrote:I'd love to see the kid disappear. The nightmare sequences, if they cannot be dispensed with entirely I would like to see different dead characters each time the dream happens. Lose the kid.

I have been trying to do that without much success. Nightmare sequence part kind of works:

I am able to replace it altogether and most of the time it will appear correctly. (Not sure if I can menage to add the necessary conditionals to add the Virmire casualty and others in there, but it is at least possible) But whenever I try replace starbrat with any other mesh in the ending sequence, it will not look right (like I have stated, whatever mesh&bones I replace him with will appear like a squashed bug.) I am thinking it might be because of the animation is made child sized, or it might be caused by something else. I could really use help and advice on this.

Praedor wrote:As for Allers, I am THIS close to replacing her. I have a Allers-to-Keitner mod (Keitner from Deus Ex: Human Revolution) 99% done. I just tested it in the game and the body/head works fine but I cannot yet get the hair to work because I don't know what hair texture Allers is using (anyone know?). Right now I've got Keitner's hair UV mapped to Ashley's hair texture and hoped that it would be close enough to work with other hair textures too. No luck.

ALL ME3 hair textures show as green in Blender, but here's Allers changed to Keitner (Keitner's head on a modified Allers chasis: slimmer, trimmer, less butt, narrower waist)

I love how this looks. She appears a lot more professional and a lot less annoying (Not to mention her body looks like a normal person rather than a bloated whale wearing nylon. God, I always hated how that outfit looks. The dress in ME2 was much better. Also you can't go wrong with replacing Allers, literally anyone would be a better replacement. Good choice though.) I am pretty sure I have stumbled upon Allers hair textures while replacing her. Let me check and get back to you on that.

By the way, I also tried several ways to alter her voice to make her sound better, but no matter what I do, there is no hiding her horrible acting. I tried giving her a raspier voice and that works best, but it is still not great.
sansuni
Modder

Postby Praedor » 27 Nov 2015, 05:07

sansuni wrote:
Praedor wrote:I'd love to see the kid disappear. The nightmare sequences, if they cannot be dispensed with entirely I would like to see different dead characters each time the dream happens. Lose the kid.

I have been trying to do that without much success. Nightmare sequence part kind of works:

I am able to replace it altogether and most of the time it will appear correctly. (Not sure if I can menage to add the necessary conditionals to add the Virmire casualty and others in there, but it is at least possible) But whenever I try replace starbrat with any other mesh in the ending sequence, it will not look right (like I have stated, whatever mesh&bones I replace him with will appear like a squashed bug.) I am thinking it might be because of the animation is made child sized, or it might be caused by something else. I could really use help and advice on this.

Praedor wrote:As for Allers, I am THIS close to replacing her. I have a Allers-to-Keitner mod (Keitner from Deus Ex: Human Revolution) 99% done. I just tested it in the game and the body/head works fine but I cannot yet get the hair to work because I don't know what hair texture Allers is using (anyone know?). Right now I've got Keitner's hair UV mapped to Ashley's hair texture and hoped that it would be close enough to work with other hair textures too. No luck.

I love how this looks. She appears a lot more professional and a lot less annoying (Not to mention her body looks like a normal person rather than a bloated whale wearing nylon. God, I always hated how that outfit looks. The dress in ME2 was much better. Also you can't go wrong with replacing Allers, literally anyone would be a better replacement. Good choice though.) I am pretty sure I have stumbled upon Allers hair textures while replacing her. Let me check and get back to you on that.

By the way, I also tried several ways to alter her voice to make her sound better, but no matter what I do, there is no hiding her horrible acting. I tried giving her a raspier voice and that works best, but it is still not great.

You know, I COULD use an ME2 dress (or another dress from ME3) instead of the tank top skirt.

I am really liking Keitner's hair. In fact, I edited it some more, adding a few more strands of hair and fit it to Ashley's head so I could also use it as another ponytail version for Ashley. I like the Skyrim ponytail I use in my current Ashley Makeover Mod (kinda sexy) but this one can go both ways, sexy and professional.
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development