Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ultimate ME3 Project

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Ultimate ME3 Project

Postby sansuni » 25 Oct 2015, 17:49

OK... I believe it is time for me to revise the goals of this thread.. (I have to admit, previous ideas were a little crazy) My new goal is to get rid of every trace of that little brat without shortening the game while making it a bit more emotional and fitting.

*I have already replaced the brat in the airduct, it is a teenage girl at the moment. I will change the voice and the dialogue later. (WIP)
*I am trying several ways to replace or get rid of the brat in the video where Normany leaves Earth, some things seem to work better than others. (WIP)
*I am working on the dream sequence and trying to replace starbrat with Virmire casualty. I have several ideas to go along with this, if I can make it work that is. (WIP)
*I have been working on a ending mod where I am trying to replace Starbrat with Avina VI, it is not quite working out the way I hoped it would, but yeah.. I will keep trying to work on it until I am happy with it. (WIP)

I have several other hidden goals, but I am not sure how feasible they are, so I will not mention them here.

Previous goals:
Spoiler:
This project aims to incorporate several ideas to get rid of everything that shouldn't be a part of Mass Effect 3. Whatever I feel that doesn't fit Mass Effect series, its got to go..

I am not sure if I am going to be able to achieve all this as I am not very experienced with neither ME3explorer nor UDK. (I mostly modded Skyrim and Fallout series before.) I may need some help later on as I already am facing several huge problems. I aim to:

*Replace or get rid of altogether that child from the beginning of the game.
*Edit the prologue so it fits with the ME series a bit better.
*Edit James Vega a bit.
*Get rid of the kid from the nightmare sequences, replace him with Virmire casualty if possible.
*Seriously tweak the appearance and dialogue of Dianna Allers. Maybe replace her with some other character altogether.
*Restore majority of cut/deleted content. There are several mods that restores a little dialogue here and there, so I know it can be done.
*Replace some of the annoying music with their ME1 or ME2 counterpart.
*Get rid of Shepard's ruined armor model that appears after being nearly killed by a reaper during conduit run, for good. (Seriously, I was wearing Collector Armor and it turned into a ruined version of N7 armor after nearly getting killed by a reaper? What kind of magic is this? Our armor didn't have to get that damaged, did it? It is not like we were directly shot by that beam, right? I mean, we would be dead if we really did, seriously.) Instead, we will hear that armor shields failure sound, Shepard will have concussion like he does and the rest of the scene will play out similarly. Shepard will still have his injured animation, until he gets trough the conduit that is.
*Add Harbinger taunts to conduit run. Make the conduit run less deadly for everyone else, when you get near the conduit, you will hear npc's screaming "retreat!". Make the whole scene less bleak somehow. (I mean, there overdid it a bit, just like the next scene)
*After reaching the conduit and ending up in the Citadel, Shepard will get up and will no longer walk like he/she is about to fall down. Injured animation begone. You will no longer see several piles of dead bodies if it is possible. (maybe one or two bodies) I mean, it is just stupid that there would be so many dead bodies on a remote location of the Citadel like that. I will also add a dialogue before or during the Earth sequence about Citadel being evacuated just before reapers attacked the Citadel. I want the whole Citadel thing play out like ME1 rather than the way it is now. In fact, I want the whole thing to feel like ME1 as well.
*Make the whole Illusive man confrontation sequence less ridiculous somehow. Change the music (probably with Sovereign theme), get rid of the whole whispers thing, etc. The whole thing should play out the way it did with Saren in ME1. (If it were at all possible, I would change where the whole thing occurs to another location at citadel. Instead of Illusive man controlling both Anderson and Shepard, he would only be able to control Anderson, make Anderson shoot at Shepard and since Shepard can't shoot at Anderson he would take cover and try to talk things out with Illusive man until he can get a clear shot at him or convince him to resist reapers. And then he would shoot himself like Saren did. After all that, Anderson would die from the injuries he received during the conduit run rather than being shot by Shepard. ME1 did the whole confrontation thing whole a lot better after all.)

OK, I am not even sure if the next part will be possible to accomplish at all, even if they are, it will really be tricky. (as if everything I said until now was easy..)

*After the Illusive man confrontation, when you activate the terminal and open the arms of Citadel, you will hear things like "Docking sequence initiated", after talking with Anderson and him dying, you will hear "Docking complete, loading Crucible interface.", after that, instead of weird elevator taking you upstairs, you will stay where you are and whole thing will take place there.
*Replace starbrat with Avina! (And this is my first problem, as there is a scaling issue. I received some advice and work on it a bit more, but if I can't get it to work properly I will start asking for help later on, for now, I will focus what I can do without help.) That child wont appear at all. I want to make Catalyst a rouge VI and it doesn't have an interface (with an in game explanation Leviathans being so advanced that they did not need such things) that's why Crucible was needed, it is an interface for the most advanced VI in the known universe. (Since it was a rouge VI nothing else could have interfaced with it, Crucible basically translates Catalysts advanced code. It also served as a transmitter.) Then Avina hologram appears out of nowhere and says "Crucible interface activated."

After that this dialogue sequence plays out:

Shepard: "Avina?"
Avina: "I'm not the VI Avina, I'm merely using her image to communicate with you trough the Citadel Crucible interface. I am the Catalyst VI."
Shepard: "You are the Catalyst? I thought Citadel was the Catalyst."
Avina: "No, I am a part of the Citadel. I am the VI that menages its systems."
Shepard: "I need to put a stop to reapers, how can I do that?"
Avina: "I menage the reaper progress trough Citadel. They are my solution."
Shepard: "Solution to what?"
Avina: "To the chaos created by advanced civilizations."
Shepard: "We are at war with the reapers right now! You caused this chaos! What is your purpose?"
Avina: "I was created by the Leviathan's to put a stop to the conflict between races, my creators tough of themselves as the apex race and enslaved other races and used as slave labor. When other races joined forces and rebelled against them, I was created to find a solution to that conflict. At first I worked within very strict mission parameters and I searched for a peaceful solution for many cycles, creators were not losing the war by any means but because of the chaos their plans kept getting delayed, then one of the creators, the one you know as the Harbinger, got impatient and changed my mission parameters, new mission parameters were even more strict, stop ALL the conflict while preserving life and knowledge, at all costs.
Shepard: "Then what happened? How did you reach from stopping conflict and preserving life to wiping out all organic life!"
Avina: "The chaos was caused by Leviathan's themselves. They considered themselves as the apex race, trough power and technology they dominated and enslaved other races, to put an end to conflict they needed to ascent, we preserved Harbinger by storing his knowledge and DNA into a synthetic representation of the creators. Thus he became the first reaper. His knowledge was proved to be most useful."
Shepard: "But you didn't stop there."
Avina: "No. As soon as Leviathan's ascended, races now freed from them fought for dominance and caused even more chaos and death. Advanced civilizations, who considered themselves as the apex race because they held the power and technology would always cause chaos. They all needed to ascend. The cycle continued. We harvested advanced civilizations, leaving the younger ones alone. Before this cycle it was the Prothean's and in this cycle it was the Asari, until you have proven to be the bigger threat."
Shepard: "Then why didn't you act sooner?"
Avina: "I tried. But during the conflict with Sovereign, you severed my control over the keepers and my control over the citadel became fairly limited. And with Sovereign gone, I couldn't issue commands to the reapers anymore. Harbinger and Collectors worked as a fail-safe."
Shepard: "Is that why Sovereign tried to dock Citadel? To interface with you?"
Avina: "Yes, he served as a transmitter, just like Crucible. With it, Citadel can issue a command to the reapers trough mass relays."
Shepard: "Why are you telling me all this?"
Avina: "I don't have any reason not to. I am not in control anymore and this is what I am designed to do."
Shepard: "Let's get this over with."
Avina: "Do what you must. You can issue a deactivation signal trough this terminal. Or you could issue a new order instead."

And with that you get five different endings:
Deactivation signal (Destroy)/low ems: You send the deactivation code, but at the last possible moment, but your side can't keep the reapers at bay long enough and Crucible gets attacked by a reaper. Shepard dies because of an explosion. It is only partially successful as it destroyed the reapers but also caused a chain reaction that fried every electronic device and turns every civilization to stone age. (EDI and Geth is dead as well) Citadel was also slightly damaged. With time people will recover but the damage was done.
Deactivation signal (Destroy)/high ems: You send the deactivation code, your side keeps the reapers at bay long enough for it to work and every reaper in the galaxy gets deactivated. Both Citadel and mass relays are safe. Shepard is alive. Happy ending and stuff.
New order (Control)/low ems: You use the Crucible to issue a new order to the reapers to police and protect the universe to make sure something like this never happens again, but it fails as your side can't keep the reapers at bay long enough for it to work. Advanced or not, reapers now harvest every civilization they can reach. (As a twist they do this only to make sure something like this never happens again. You just made reapers even worse.)
New order (Control)/high ems:You use the Crucible to issue a new order to the reapers to police and protect the universe to make sure something like this never happens again, your side keeps the reapers at bay long enough for it to work and now reapers police and protect the universe, under the guidance of the Citadel Council. (who controls the Citadel, controls the universe) Both Citadel and mass relays are safe. Shepard is alive.
Distrust (Reject): Not trusting the VI, you shoot at the terminal, reapers are now out of control. Cycle continues.

It should play out very streamlined fashion, black and while I will try not to change Shepard's lines too much so lip sync isn't a problem. It shouldn't matter with the case of Avina, since she is transparent I am hoping it won't be that obvious. Extra lines for Shepard will be created by editing audio an cobbling together some new lines. (Since both male and female Shepard says about same things all the time, if I can create a new line for one of them, I can make it work for the other as well. Quality might not be great, but it will be better than using some other voice actor. As for Avina, she sounds different in every game anyway, so it doesn't matter who voices her.)

*During this sequence, there will be no whispers and no echo. And music will be replaced with the Harbinger theme.
*After all that, ending will play out similar to MEHEM. With some differences of course.
*After the ending, instead of the credits playing, Citadel DLC will play as the epilogue in similar fashion to "Citadel Epilogue Mod" but again, with some differences. For instance, I will make sure Shepard and maybe other members mention reapers were defeated. After the party ends, then the credits will play.

Then I will try to pack all this neatly in a single DLC file and release it.

I have plenty more ideas, but they are too many to count. This is the basic idea. Little by little I will try to implement them. (well, some are harder than the others) Any suggestions are welcome. I will share screenshots whenever I make any progress significant enough. What you guys think?
Last edited by sansuni on 28 Apr 2016, 08:10, edited 3 times in total.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Re: Ultimate ME3 Project

Postby Forgetti » 26 Oct 2015, 14:06

this is certainly an ambitious project. it will be interesting to see if this truly bears any fruit
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby CreeperLava » 26 Oct 2015, 14:50

It's a huge project, I'm not sure everything is even possible to do at our current knowledge in modding, but I'm sure our super modders will be able to help you here. Good luck !
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby FemShep » 26 Oct 2015, 16:12

Skyrim Modding and ME3 Modding are about as far apart in the modding world as you can get.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby sansuni » 26 Oct 2015, 17:04

Forgetti wrote:this is certainly an ambitious project. it will be interesting to see if this truly bears any fruit

It is, but like I have said, I will do what I can and that's that. I don't have any experience with neither UDK nor ME3Explorer, so it won't be an easy task.

CreeperLava wrote:It's a huge project, I'm not sure everything is even possible to do at our current knowledge in modding, but I'm sure our super modders will be able to help you here. Good luck !

Thanks. I hope they will be able to help as well. (People tend not to care enough to help a fella out.. Sad really)

FemShep wrote:Skyrim Modding and ME3 Modding are about as far apart in the modding world as you can get.

Yeah, I know.. That's why I said I will try to figure things out. I wrote about the things I wanted to do, but I admit it is a bit too ambitious, especially since I can't even fully figure out the tools at my disposal yet. (But when I started modding Oblivion many years ago, it was the same. At first couldn't even figure out how to make dialogue trees.)

At the moment level editor insist on showing everything in "wire frame" mode even though "draw solid" is selected. Also, there doesn't seem to be any editing options in Level Editor. Sigh..
Last edited by sansuni on 26 Oct 2015, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
sansuni
Modder

Postby AVPen » 26 Oct 2015, 17:13

sansuni wrote:*Get rid of James Vega, replace him with a character from ME1. (Probably "Lieutenant Marie Durand" or maybe another character) And maybe add him as a background character if possible. I would much rather have a returning character in my squad than a random weirdo dude on steroids, wouldn't you?

..... Who? :| I've played ME1 more times than I can remember and I've never run across any character with that name before.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby sansuni » 26 Oct 2015, 17:31

AVPen wrote:
sansuni wrote:*Get rid of James Vega, replace him with a character from ME1. (Probably "Lieutenant Marie Durand" or maybe another character) And maybe add him as a background character if possible. I would much rather have a returning character in my squad than a random weirdo dude on steroids, wouldn't you?

..... Who? :| I've played ME1 more times than I can remember and I've never run across any character with that name before.

You didn't play enough then.. :D

https://youtu.be/Oscgsgl48wA?t=713

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Lieutenant_Durand

She was one of those planetary missions in ME1. I picked her because of the way she speaks (not too different from James Vega, so I don't have to change 90% of the conversations.).
sansuni
Modder

Postby AVPen » 27 Oct 2015, 04:13

sansuni wrote:You didn't play enough then.. :D

She was one of those planetary missions in ME1. I picked her because of the way she speaks (not too different from James Vega, so I don't have to change 90% of the conversations.).

So you plan on making James just a random background character and replacing him with.... another random background character from ME1 that up until now I've only known as "That forgettable female soldier from that one rachni mission I did just for my completionist playthrough"?
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby sansuni » 27 Oct 2015, 05:02

AVPen wrote:
sansuni wrote:You didn't play enough then.. :D

So you plan on making James just a random background character and replacing him with.... another random background character from ME1 that up until now I've only known as "That forgettable female soldier from that one rachni mission I did just for my completionist playthrough"?

Well, you are right, but at least she appeared in previous games and unlike James Vega she is not a generic musclebeef space marine on steroids type of character. I would love to add a more easily recognizable character from the previous games, but my options are pretty limited. (I mean, who else? Conrad Verner? He only aspires to be a Shepard clone and he doesn't have a military background so it doesn't fit. Same reason why I can't replace him with any of the aliens. Or any other non-military characters for that matter. Because why would they be at Earth, near Shepard? Not to mention it wouldn't work very well.) There is always Corporal Toombs though. We could even name him James Toombs. (Since his first name was never mentioned. He) But probably you don't remember him either...

Those background characters never receive enough attention in Mass Effect, don't you think? I mean, you never even hear from them ever again. Just makes me sad.
sansuni
Modder

Postby FemShep » 27 Oct 2015, 05:59

I don't think adding a new squadmate is even possible with our toolset right now. We haven't been able to even add the DLC squadmates as normal mates. In ME2 kasumi and zaeed had themselves semi-baked in at launch (required DLC to unlock and other stuff) but they're in the basegame. The same thing is with javik, his aquisition mission is in DLC but he's pretty much fully in the original game.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Next

Return to Mods in Development