Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Using DLC mods to ADD weapons and armors

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Using DLC mods to ADD weapons and armors

Postby CreeperLava » 25 Jun 2015, 08:38

So, when seeing the impressive list of ME2 DLCs, I got an idea. It may be already possible and I just didn't know anything about it, but wouldn't it be possible to actually add weapons and armor instead of replacing them ?
Like, for example, there are pre-order DLCs like DLC_PRE_General (Inferno Armor) and DLC_PRE_Incisor (Incisor Rifle), afaik they add respectively an armor and a weapon. Why wouldn't we be able to copy the structure of the DLC and make our own new weapons and armors ?
We would just need to edit the mesh and texture basically, not even needing to understand exactly how the DLC works.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Re: Using DLC mods to ADD weapons and armors

Postby giftfish » 25 Jun 2015, 14:42

Hm. Kinko and AVPen will know more about this, but... that seems like it could work.

I'll be interested to see what they say.
giftfish

Postby AVPen » 27 Jun 2015, 18:41

Depends on which game's DLC you're talking about:

1. I don't have any experience modding ME1 or ME2, so don't ask me about those, lol

2. For ME3, the majority (well actually, all) of the game's pre-order DLC that you're referring to already exists in the vanilla game (that's why PC players are able to add pre-order weapons/armors like the N7 weapons, Indra sniper rifle, N7 Defender armor, etc, with the Coalesced even without the actual pre-order DLC).

I know kinkojiro was able to add the various MP Collector weapons into the SP game (via his MapMod) without the need of the original MP packs, but I don't know his exact methods for doing so. I myself am currently researching into adding new armor meshes into the game (for both giving Shepard new armors and for another secret reason at the moment), but I'm just starting my work into that, so I have nothing concrete on any methods/solutions for doing so. I will definitely say, though, that my custom DLC textures method will almost undoubtedly be needed for adding new armors/weapons textures into the game.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby CreeperLava » 27 Jun 2015, 19:38

Thanks for the explanation, it was too much to hope I guess^^. I hope you'll find a way to add armors !
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion