Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Using the TPF Tools

Deprecated or out of scope tutorials.

Re: Using the TPF Tools

Postby KFreon » 26 Jan 2014, 11:33

First of all, I haven't tested the .mod feature much since I don't use them.

I'm not entirely sure what you're doing or getting at...
So here's what you should be doing. Just drag them in as raw textures and install valid.

But to clarify, you tried to repack as TPF and it got it all wrong? Which method did you use?
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby tbpierrot » 26 Jan 2014, 13:30

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last message.
I tried to create a new .tpf with just the textures I wanted to install, so I could then run it through the modgenerator and get a working .mod file.
I dragged my .dds files into the tool and clicked analyse. It correctly matched up each file to the texture it was supposed to replace.
I then clicked repack tpf, named the file and pressed close all files. I then open the new .tpf in the tool to make sure everything is set up properly. However this is what I see for each texture in the repacked tpf.
The hash in the filename is the one I got from the texplorer for that texture, but when loading the repacked tpf, the tool matches each file to a different hash - specifically, the 5 hashes for the 5 files seem to have been jumbled, it's the same 5 hashes but all for the wrong textures.
In addition, when loading the repacked tpf through either the tpftool's analysis, or through the modgenerator, it marks two of the files as being in the wrong format. If I then replace them in modgenerator with the raw textures it fixes the formatting error but still doesn't seem to fix the incorrect hash assignment.

Okay, so I tried to use the install valid button - it runs almost instantly, and when I checked in texplorer to see if the textures had been replaced they were still vanilla. Checked ingame and hasn't updated them.
Sorry for the longish post, hope it makes sense.
tbpierrot
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby KFreon » 26 Jan 2014, 13:35

Curious... But your method is unnecessarily complicated, which may be leading to weirdness.
Why don't you just install direct from your textures and ditch the .mod?
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby tbpierrot » 26 Jan 2014, 14:32

Yeah I knew it was a roundabout way of doing things, but when I just dragged in the raw textures -> analyse -> install valid, it didn't seem to have any effect ingame, and in texplorer I still see vanilla textures.
tbpierrot
User

Postby KFreon » 26 Jan 2014, 14:39

Ah I see. How strange.
I haven't actually tested ME2 texture replacement. I'll look at it tomorrow I guess.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby tbpierrot » 26 Jan 2014, 14:58

Should it work through texplorer using add biggest image with the raw textures? Just clutching at straws now. Think I'll just play a bit and forget about this for now. If I think of anything I might have been doing wrong I'll see if I can make it work.
tbpierrot
User

Postby giftfish » 26 Jan 2014, 15:49

KFreon wrote:EDIT: Ok, I see what might be a problem. Was your ".def" actually texmod.log? Cos if it was...I haven't handled .log extensions. Easy enough, but equally easy is just rename the file to texmod.def and it'll work.

FYI -- All the ThaneMOD .tpfs I made were using Texmod, and therefore contained a texmod.log file. When you drag the TPF into the tool window, it changes this filename to texmod.def. So, are you saying ME3Explorer's "definition" of a .tpf isn't the same as Texmod's? Despite both being .tpfs? That would be a bit confusing, lol.
giftfish

Postby KFreon » 26 Jan 2014, 22:35

You can try tbpierrot. I'm fairly sure it worked for me when I tested it the one time I tested. But if it's not working for you, I guess you'll have to try something else.
To clarify so I know what I'm trying to fix, it's not installing raw textures to ME2?

@Giftfish: Texmod needs a .log file to create a tpf, which then contains a .def file. In this case, the tpf somehow contained a .log instead, and my code was only looking for a .def, hence the issue.
As for different definitions, kinda. The rebuild TPF function works for ME3Explorer, but not for texmod. No idea why unfortunately... That's why I included the "rebuild with texmod" function.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby tbpierrot » 27 Jan 2014, 05:24

Yeah essentially that seems to be the problem. Installing all valid textures (raw, just dragged into tool) doesn't seem to have achieved anything.
tbpierrot
User

Postby Phnx » 27 Jan 2014, 05:39

KFreon wrote:@phnx: You can. That's the one that works properly. I just get the hash from the filename.

Either I did something wrong or it doesn't work. I've tried but the tools tell me "not found in tree".
Phnx
User

Have thanks: 14 time

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials - Deprecated