Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] Utilities

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

Re: [WIP] Utilities

Postby giftfish » 02 Jan 2015, 23:06

WarrantyVoider wrote:1. left side is what is currently known, right is what hardcoded in, the long strings are md5 hashes, if you go file/check version it either adds it to the left as a new entry with new md5 or tells you which version you have. only the version wont tell you WHICH crack of that version you have :P so thats what its was for

@WV -- Fog.Gene and I have been looking at the Version Checker tool and...the two most recent game patches seem to be missing. Patches 1.4 and 1.5 aren't listed, and we both get "unknown" results when we check our versions, since we (and probably everyone else) are patched up to the final 1.5 patch.

The tool isn't really useful unless it's updated with this information, so is this something we want to add to the list that should be updated for a future SVN? Or, would you rather the tool be removed in the next SVN for being deprecated?
giftfish

Re: [Article] Utilities

Postby WarrantyVoider » 03 Jan 2015, 00:51

does anybody even use it? its 2 years old now, so obviously not updated^^ you decide :P

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby giftfish » 03 Jan 2015, 14:16

WarrantyVoider wrote:does anybody even use it? its 2 years old now, so obviously not updated^^ you decide :P

I don't really feel it's my place to decide what gets added to or removed from the toolset; I didn't create the tools and I don't contribute code.

I am merely...an Information Broker ;)

I'll put both options in the sticky post, and whoever actually does the next SVN update and works on the rest of the changes can decide.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 22 Feb 2016, 23:08

Article updated to reflect recent toolset changes.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Previous

Return to Wiki Development