Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] V3 Build TPF issues

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

Re: V3 Build TPF issues

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 18:34

1. 0x088A73B5
2. 0x088A73B5
2. All Bioware DLC except Genesis, ThaneMod, BackOff, BOPatches, EGM & EGM Squad Maps, JAM, Zaeed's Restored Convo, ME3RE, Urz and CEM.
4. All of Bioware's and nothing made by people

Note: The above links I sent, the one that works does so on both our computers, the one that does not work is non-working both our computers.
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby giftfish » 11 Oct 2016, 19:01

Tarshana wrote:1. 0x088A73B5
2. 0x088A73B5
2. All Bioware DLC except Genesis, ThaneMod, BackOff, BOPatches, EGM & EGM Squad Maps, JAM, Zaeed's Restored Convo, ME3RE, Urz and CEM.
4. All of Bioware's and nothing made by people

Note: The above links I sent, the one that works does so on both our computers, the one that does not work is non-working both our computers.

Well, let's see...

That's not the "normal" cabin photo. That's the hash for "PictureFrame01_Diff", which is a generic photo frame that's found in a variety of game levels. It's not really something you want to replace -- at least not if you want to maintain immersion. But, if that's what your friend wants, that's entirely up to them. They will see it other places in game, and not just the cabin.

FYI, the vanilla hash for Tali's cabin photo is 0xB942DE04. The vanilla hash for Kelly's cabin photo is 0xEB2C3DFE.

Loading both of your files into an old version of TPF Tools (I haven't copied my trees and thumbnails into the new stable, yet), the version you say isn't working contains a texmod.log file and not a texmod.def file. To my knowledge, TPF Tools should be creating a .def, unless that changed when K implemented the new non-Texmod TPF support.

That might be the problem; we'll have to wait and see what he says :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 19:45

Yeah I told him that, too, but he said he wanted Aria all over :P I do not have any other cabin picture in my current playthrough so I am unable to test the other one. I should go about getting that.

And yes, that was the difference I noticed, too. At first I thought it was because I was using the wrong name but it seems the file extensions might be causing TexMod to have a brain aneurysm. I thought maybe I need a tex file in the right location for it to be turned into a def?
Tarshana
User

Postby giftfish » 11 Oct 2016, 20:26

Tarshana wrote:I thought maybe I need a tex file in the right location for it to be turned into a def?

There's nothing you need to do manually related to that file, whether it's a log or a def. The problem is either that TPF Tools is creating a LOG rather than a DEF in the first place, or when importing the TPF it's reading it as a LOG and not a DEF. Could be either way.

As far as how it's supposed to work now that K has removed Texmod from the toolset, that I still don't know, so we'll have to wait for him :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 21:13

Thank you, both of you, really :) I tend to assume I do things wrong because I am still new to the ME3 toolset and I have been known to do things backwards. (Like unpack all the DLC and then add it to the tree after the fact and creating really bad hashes >.>).
Tarshana
User

Postby giftfish » 11 Oct 2016, 21:50

[quote="Tarshana"]I tend to assume I do things wrong because I am still new to the ME3 toolset and I have been known to do things backwards. (Like unpack all the DLC and then add it to the tree after the fact and creating really bad hashes >.>).

LOL. Np.

At this point the wiki is basically done for all tools normal folks (non-modders) will utiliize, so most -- if not all -- answers can be found there. If there's a problem, then there's a good chance it's a bug. K's tools are supposed to be archival until his re-write, so, it might be a case of us trying to sneak this in biting us in the ***, lol. We'll find out :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby KFreon » 11 Oct 2016, 23:21

Ah so you just went into the exec directory after building the TPF to check on things. Got it.
I just tested the Aria cabin mod you sent me before, and it loads up in texmod fine. Note that I didn't try to run it; Is that when it breaks?

@gift: Correct, PCC selection is irrelevant when building TPF's.
All TPF's have in them is textures and hashes.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 23:31

KFreon wrote:Ah so you just went into the exec directory after building the TPF to check on things. Got it.
I just tested the Aria cabin mod you sent me before, and it loads up in texmod fine. Note that I didn't try to run it; Is that when it breaks?

@gift: Correct, PCC selection is irrelevant when building TPF's.
All TPF's have in them is textures and hashes.

Yes that is when it breaks. It will not read the file for some reason. So the TPF is built and the image itself is fine but TexMod is having the issue :)
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 00:37

Wow, my above comment was way out of date. Didn't see the second page.

Ok so likely def vs log isn't an issue. Texmod wants .def's to build TPF's, but I doubt it checks the name.
Since the filename-hash mapping file (def, log) is always the last file in the TPF, I expect it just checks the contents of it. That's how I do it now too.

Hmm, so attempting to actually run Texmod with the TPF doesn't work...That's not good at all.
I didn't test that since everything else format-wise is the same.
I'll be real sad if we need to bring Texmod back :(

EDIT: just built and ran one. Heart attack averted. It worked for me at least, so there's something else going on.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 01:37

Would you send me the one you built? I need to know what my end is not reading
Tarshana
User

PreviousNext

Return to Toolset Help