Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] V3 Build TPF issues

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

Re: V3 Build TPF issues

Postby giftfish » 12 Oct 2016, 01:48

KFreon wrote:EDIT: just built and ran one. Heart attack averted. It worked for me at least, so there's something else going on.

Lol.

You and me both. Very interested to see what's happening with this.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 01:54

giftfish wrote:
KFreon wrote:EDIT: just built and ran one. Heart attack averted. It worked for me at least, so there's something else going on.

Lol.

You and me both. Very interested to see what's happening with this.

So are either of you able to run both of mine or no? Are we all on the same page that my "not working one" is not working for everyone or just me?
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 04:17

That "not working" one seems to work for me. I don't have a save near the cabin photo, but if it was going to break, it should when it tries to load into memory i.e. immediately after clicking "run".
This is all very strange, I mean TPF's are fairly well established, and that they work for me but not you is odd.

Do you have any AV or overlays like ATI Raptr or the nvidia one, fraps, etc?
Do you have the LAA patch for the ME3 exe? (the >2gb thing)
One user (can't remember which) mentioned an issue with a program they had that allowed them to have thumbnails in Explorer for Photoshop PSD's, but also worked on DDS' and interfered with TPFTools somehow.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 05:37

It is a damn mystery because other TPFs work just fine from other users. Notably a Shepard cabin bedspread in N7 red along with the Aquarium TPF on the A LOT page. Sooooooooo I have no idea. (You cannot see it... but I did a facedesk).

*The only AV I run while gaming is the Windows Defender... turning that off had no affect (You still cannot see that I turned it off, loaded my TPF and ran ME3 through TexMod).
*No overlays that I am aware of, nothing in my tray that allows Nvidia to run, no fraps, Origin overlay disabled, etc. If there is any other kind of overlay hidden from me I will search like mad for it. I hate overlays. My Cannon printer is in the tray. I can always turn that off. (Printers are evil anyway).
* I use gemfx.. but the other textures I can see and it only affects ME3.. I can delete that if needed
*I thought I did not need the LAA patch for ME3, should I run it? and I might have ran it years ago but nothing currently as I thought it was not needed for ME3.

I am not thinking anything is interfering with the textures since you can use the TPF (and view Aria in all her crankiness) but I cannot. I am at a loss why I cannot use my own TPFs. My working theory is a wild Gremlin got stuck in me cogs. I cannot fathom why I cannot see what I create

I have no qualms about doing a complete vanilla and starting over, deleting everything there is and starting ground zero.

I really do appreciate the help here, it means a lot that you are taking time out to help me. In the end it will probably be something simple like "Did you turn it off and back on again?"
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 06:02

Can you screenshot the error for me?
The LAA patch can't hurt to try, but I doubt it's affecting Texmod.

I just don't get how the same process, tried and tested process too, works for me but not for you.
I mean, I can run your TPF's that don't work for you. How does that make any sense...

Something weird has to be going on here.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 06:07

I do not get an error, there is no image in game. :( I can only get an image if I use someone else's TPF and modify their texture file with my own. The same goes for the Squad armours I have been working on.
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 06:29

Oohhh I see.
Hrm I'd best check that my image actually works.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 07:10

Thank you! I have to catch some shut eye before my lab shift. Good luck and thank you again!
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 11:08

Hrm. So I ran into a weird issue where all my hashes are wrong...
Vanilla-ing, then testing.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 12 Oct 2016, 15:07

@Tarsh -- I ran into one bit of weirdness recently with Texmod not working properly with ME3, but everything resolved itself when I rebooted. Otte was asking me about overlays and the like (which I didn't have), but the weird thing for me was a TPF I had used before without any problem. After quickly reviewing the potential issues a reboot seemed the safest bet and worked.

I haven't tested your TPF Tarsh. I'm a bit too swamped right now, and as I said previously, I also don't have the new stable set up for textures. I'm just shooting out ideas right now.

So... there's no error? So, you're saying the texture isn't working b/c you aren't seeing it in game? Was the download you labeled "working" visible in game?

@K -- Just wanted to make sure it's clear that it's not Tali or Kelly's cabin photo. It should be the photoframe on the desk by the bed.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

PreviousNext

Return to Toolset Help