Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] V3 Build TPF issues

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

Re: V3 Build TPF issues

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 17:42

Mornin all. Aye, I have rebooted a fair amount of times to no avail and made sure everything not necessary is not using up processes. And aye, the working TPF is one that actually works in game and I can see Aria in all her splender... and not just Shep's desk but apparently Udina has a thing for her, too xD
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 21:59

@Gift: Yeah I don't have any saves atm. They've gone walkabout.

Ok, I can't get texmod to do anything at all. Does Origin interfere with texmod? Like do we need a no-cd for it? I haven't used it for ages, which brings me to the next question:
- Tarshana, why do you want texmod?

EDIT: Further questions.
1) Maybe vanilla. If that image you're trying to texmod has been altered by the toolset i.e. texture installations, it won't be replaced by texmod.
2) If you make a TPF through texmod and the toolset, does one work and the other not?
- I'm trying to figure out if it's some weird texmod glitch as opposed to the toolset's/my fault.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby giftfish » 12 Oct 2016, 22:22

KFreon wrote:@Gift: Yeah I don't have any saves atm. They've gone walkabout.

I'm sure I or Tarshana can furnish you with some, if necessary.

KFreon wrote:Ok, I can't get texmod to do anything at all. Does Origin interfere with texmod? Like do we need a no-cd for it? I haven't used it for ages, which brings me to the next question:
- Tarshana, why do you want texmod?

Oh boy, lol. Uh, yeah, Origin interferes.

You have to play this game:
1. Place the Texmod.exe into the directory with the ME3 EXE.
2. Attach a .bak to the ME3 EXE.
3. Rename the Texmod.exe to MassEffect3.exe.
4. Rename MassEffect3.exe.bak to Texmod.exe.
5. Now *use Origin* to launch "the game". This will launch Texmod through Origin. Ugh.
6. Revert the EXE name changes you just did. It may screw the icons until you reboot. No worries.
7. Load up the ME3EXE in Texmod.
8. Load up the TPFs in Texmod.
9. Launch game = win.

K, keep in mind that some people just flat out prefer Texmod and there's no talking them out of it. It is indeed a far simpler process than the toolset, despite the long load times, bugs, and those file renaming hoops above. I use Texmod a lot for testing textures when I'm creating a new one, as there's no reason to build it permanently into the game just for a test.

KFreon wrote:EDIT: Further questions.
1) Maybe vanilla. If that image you're trying to texmod has been altered by the toolset i.e. texture installations, it won't be replaced by texmod.
2) If you make a TPF through texmod and the toolset, does one work and the other not?
- I'm trying to figure out if it's some weird texmod glitch as opposed to the toolset's/my fault.

1. Tarsh's hashes -- at least for this photo -- are vanilla. I've already verified her hashes against my vanilla ones.
2. This is a good question.

Let me know if you need some saves. I already have some on Mediafire, so not a problem.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby KFreon » 12 Oct 2016, 23:00

Ugh I remember that fiddly mess now. It's what brought me to the toolset all that time ago.
I guess I'll go testing again.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 12 Oct 2016, 23:44

Using a TPF through TexMod allows me to view textures before release and also if people do not want to do a perma-change on textures they have an option of temporary. Of course, I can always release with the vanilla files :) It is simply easier to test through TexMod :)

Edit: Hand-made TexMod package mod works.
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 13 Oct 2016, 00:00

--- HEART ATTACK ---
Confirmed that TPF's generated by the toolset don't actually alter in game texture.

*Expletive*
*Expletive*
*Expletive*
*Expletive*
*Expletive* *Expletive* *Expletive* *Expletive* *Expletive* *Expletive*
!!!!

Damn. I'll see if I can fix it. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to get Texmod back in :(
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 13 Oct 2016, 00:23

I am so sorry :( Please let me know how I can help.

~sends a bazillion cookies~

I think it is because TexMod reads .def files not .log files because it turns the .logs into defs.. if that helps?
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 13 Oct 2016, 01:16

They're just text files, but I've just changed the extension in the code on my side to see if it makes a difference.
I doubt it will.
What's so baffling is we can read texmod TPF's AND custom TPF's, so what are we missing that Texmod can't read custom ones?
Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 13 Oct 2016, 01:28

We should likely continue this on Git now that we know it's a bug. I'm making an issue for it right now.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 13 Oct 2016, 01:30

And, issue is here:

https://github.com/ME3Explorer/ME3Explorer/issues/435

I won't lock the thread until I get the okay from you, K, but as you know, we no longer troubleshoot bugs on the forum; that's Git territory now.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Toolset Help