Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SOLVED] V3 Build TPF issues

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

[SOLVED] V3 Build TPF issues

Postby Tarshana » 10 Oct 2016, 05:35

Hello :)

I have been working on some alt armours for myself and figured I would build some TPFs to see if I liked the quality of textures. in V2 it logged using TexMod and no issues. Now the TPF does not build anything that TexMod recognises. I am unsure what to do at this point. Building through TexMod is impossible because the pulled textures have different hashes than a vanilla game. I have tried to manually input the hashes myself and I get "invalid definition." (facedesk). I can install the textures if I wanted but that is not the issue. I want to test colour combos and before it was much easier. I also cannot tell the current TPF build the creator name or insert anything into the comment section. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Re: V3 Build TPF issues

Postby KFreon » 10 Oct 2016, 08:04

At this stage, the author and creator cannot be set though tpftools, but I'll look into the error when I get back. It worked for me, but maybe it's somehow breaking in different situations.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Tarshana » 10 Oct 2016, 17:36

Yes, sorry I just read your other post about the author stuff, no problem there.

Would you like me to send you the TPF I made?
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 11 Oct 2016, 05:52

Ok, I need more info now.
I just tested again and it works on my end.

I load textures into TPFTools, go Build -> All Textures, set save name and save.
Then in Texmod, I load the TPF up and it doesn't break.

By your wording ("texmod recognises") I'm guessing it was breaking when you tried to load the TPF into Texmod, yeah?
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 06:56

Aye. It will build and the .def file is proper but TexMod refuses to recognise the TPF as valid. I found a work around, by using another person's TPF and replacing their texture with mine and using the same name as theirs I can make it in TexMod itself that is readable in TexMod, but for some reason it does not work when I do it just with my own textures in TPF tools. It has to be something I am doing wrong.

* I have all the proper hashes; I looked on my vanilla setup vs my Beast machine
* The .def file, or texmod log file that is read has the proper info (hash name | masseffect3.exe(hash)

Example: this is a Cabin Picture of Aria a friend wanted; this one works: https://mega.nz/#!YV1gRSKB!ErbAtpqfgzf9 ... kqVR1ywCiA
I found someone else's TPF to figure out why my TPF refused to work and I swapped my texture in their TPF and it worked okay

This is using the current TPF tool: https://mega.nz/#!Jdt1SDjD!pBBdLPo63d9- ... VwRsjjgW3Y
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 11 Oct 2016, 08:50

OK wait, why don't you just load those textures into TPFTools, then click Build TPF, instead of fiddling with .defs?
Texmod loading the TPF has nothing to do with hashes, unless they're the wrong length. By that I mean it doesn't check them or anything, just validates their lengths (most likely).
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 13:50

Well the TPF tools makes a def file? My previous work with building tpfs were in TexMod itself which needs a log file.
Tarshana
User

Postby giftfish » 11 Oct 2016, 14:09

@Tarshana -- Yeah, to reiterate what K is saying, unlike when making a TPF with Texmod, when using the toolset to make a TPF you don't create a manual def/log file. The toolset does it for you. All you do is load up the textures in TPF Tool, Analyze, customize the installation options how you want, and then Build TPF (All/Selected). You *do not* load a manually created def/log. This is why it's so much easier, b/c **** manually creating a log file for a 50-texture TPF. Which I've done. It SUCKS.

Also, just updated this on the wiki. I had to clarify something with K on this recently, and forgot to go back and update the article. Updated :)

----

@K -- Need to confirm something related to this. A TPF the toolset builds doesn't care about PCC customization, correct? I mean if the hash is found in files A-D and you build that texture into the TPF, to my knowledge you can't customize it to only install to files B&C. The user can customize those options upon loading/analyzing the TPF, but those options aren't built in the TPF itself. Correct? There's something on the wiki about that right now that reads a bit wrong. Just wanted to confirm before I amend.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Tarshana » 11 Oct 2016, 14:22

I never built any file, I simply double checked it had the right hashes :/ My English must really be off today >.<
Tarshana
User

Postby giftfish » 11 Oct 2016, 15:32

Tarshana wrote:I never built any file, I simply double checked it had the right hashes :/ My English must really be off today >.<

Ah, I see. You were confused about the def/log terminology. Got it.

Cabin photos can be tricky b/c some DLC mods change these. As a result, they are going to have different hashes. I'm not saying it can't be the tool (I don't think it's been tested much since we nixed Texmod), but my first questions would be:

1. What is your cabin photo hash?
2. What is your friend's?
3. What DLC mods are built into your tree?
4. What DLC mods are built into your friend's tree?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Next

Return to Toolset Help