Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

WV | Animation Explorer

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.

Re: CR: Animations

Postby ruggly » 21 Aug 2013, 22:37

I should have mentioned it, but I did export a couple of the AnimSets into PSA, and then used the ActorX in 3DS Max to import the animation into that, which didn't work. Then I tried importing the PSA into UDK, and that didn't work.

As for the edit button, I found it, but all of the other icons along with it are hidden.
ruggly
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 21 Aug 2013, 22:50

all I did was making the same exports as gildors tool, I compared my output to his to verify my results, you better ask in his forum what actually to do with PSA animations, also I guess you will need the mesh loaded with bones first, just dunno, sorry

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby The Fob » 21 Aug 2013, 23:04

I am not sure what exactly these animations are ruggly but what I find strange is that under preview mesh, it says 02_rings. Assuming that BW didn't just choose an arbitrary preview mesh, this indicates to me that this not an animation for Shepard (even though that is what the name implies).
When I tried my EDI animation, the PreviewSkelMeshName was not the EDI mesh either but at least it was a human body skeletal mesh. Maybe try to find an animation with a human body as preview to start, until we know what's going on.

Sorry for not posting again by the way. I am pretty busy this week and didn't get around to test anything after my post on the last page. Hopefully on the weekend.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby ruggly » 21 Aug 2013, 23:21

I tried using gildor's umodel as well, but I can't get that to work for the life of me. But I looked at the other ending .pccs and all the other mesh previews say 02_rings as well, so it just might be that I can't use those specific animation sets. And if that's the case, then I don't think I'll be able to mod the space Jesus ending after all :(
ruggly
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 21 Aug 2013, 23:29

ruggly wrote:I tried using gildor's umodel as well, but I can't get that to work for the life of me. But I looked at the other ending .pccs and all the other mesh previews say 02_rings as well, so it just might be that I can't use those specific animation sets. And if that's the case, then I don't think I'll be able to mod the space Jesus ending after all :(

this is easily the most complicated task, you would first need to make yourself a workchain and maybe look into my code for errors, otherwise this isnt untouched for nothing, sry

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby Phnx » 19 Jan 2014, 10:07

Hey. I'm interested in animations, specifically swapping ME3's with one another. I'd like to give Shepard the Fury's/Slayer's blink and the Shadow's acrobatic evasion, one of those at a time of course. Can we do that yet?
Phnx
User

Have thanks: 14 time

Previous

Return to ME3Explorer Toolset Development