WV | ME3Creator

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

04 Feb 2014, 19:36 #1

hey there, as some may have heard, I plan to make a toolset for creating new levels, so it needs tools for displaying, managing resources, import functions and hopefully some creation tools (mostly property-based classes). as I currently have not much time, I only made a GUI dummy for now, nothing you can do with it, yet. But click around, get a feeling for how its supposed to work (alot right-click menus are missing and importer/creator tab) and tell me if you want a specific feature build in or if you have some change suggestions. It should be clear that this is going to be huge undertaking in implementing everything, but at least this time we have working classes to make tools from (or at least the knowledge of them), so I also welcome any coder to help me making this going, because alone this could take a while.... :P

download here

let me know what you think

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

Arbiter156
User

06 Feb 2014, 00:16 #2

Ok will post you some thoughts soon. Keep up your amazing work, but don't kill yourself hehe.

Blad3Zer0
User

06 Feb 2014, 02:41 #3

Arbiter156 wrote:Keep up your amazing work, but don't kill yourself hehe.
Ditto. You're only human, after all.

...right?

The Fob
Modder

06 Feb 2014, 05:43 #4

This looks pretty cool so far IMO. Got a bit of a hard time coming up with stuff at the moment without actually having tried out to add levels and such at all. I do hope that I'll get around to play around with levels in 2-3 weeks though. There are a few things I want to try and if I have any ideas, I'll be sure to post them here.

Basically just gotta question for now? Is the (obviously long term) plan that we can basically create a map completely in UDK (Meshes, textures, particle effects, kismet scripts and all) and then import it into ME3? 'Cause that would be the absolute ideal, I think.

WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

06 Feb 2014, 09:49 #5

well nope, or partially nope, I intend to make import functions for udk stuff too, but you have to edit your level in this toolset, its kinda a unrealEd replacement. also im still researching udk/upk files to apply knowledge to me3. but think of this f.e. : in Engine.Pcc you have a static mesh defined, a cube f.e., now if you want to use it in another package, you can ofc recreate the mesh there, but you can also "import" it over import table and simply use it as if its inside your package, by adding engine to imports. this way you can reuse pretty much all me3 contents. also, if there are coders, there are ways, so far im alone and I dont think there will ever be a real upk to pcc converter... anyway lots of research ahead :D

greetz WV
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

The Fob
Modder

06 Feb 2014, 10:31 #6

Ok, got it. Thanks WV. I'd really like to help out with the coding but I'm afraid this is way beyond my skill level and I'd probably have to spend well over a year or so just to play catch-up (if I could do this sort of thing full time).
I am sure though that however far this will go, it'll open up some incredible possibilities and remember, you are already the hero of ME3 modding, so by now, everything that adds to me3explorer is icing on the cake. :)

Anyway, looking forward to getting into this whole level business soon as a user. Will be back here when I get started.

realsurvivor686
User

06 Feb 2014, 21:32 #7

@WarrantyVoider

Words cannot explain the sounds that just came out from my point. New level! Level Editing!

Now all we need to do is figure out how to trigger missions and we're in business!

If you ever open up a donate option: I'll be the first!

The Fob
Modder

06 Feb 2014, 22:28 #8

realsurvivor686 wrote:@WarrantyVoider

Now all we need to do is figure out how to trigger missions and we're in business!
You will be happy to know that I figured that one out middle of last year. It just wasn't very useful until now but as soon as I get around to do some testing, I'll write up a tutorial (unless someone else is quicker of course). It's really not that difficult. Just a bt of sequence modding on the galaxy map. :)

WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

12 Apr 2014, 22:14 #9

[+] spoiler
greetz WV

AVPen
Modder

13 Apr 2014, 00:31 #10

Very cool... even if I don't know exactly what the hell I'm looking at, lol. :P